Founded the Federation News Service

The yesterday’s fleet forming attempt was a success! With Tipa as the Senior Editor, meet the founding staff of the Federation News Service.

Pictured from left to right: @Caylinn, @Aurangzeb,Β @BlueKae (me!), @Tipa, @khaaaaaaan!, and @Vannikar. Not pictured: @camenecium. These are all character handles so you can look us up in-game for an invite if you’re interested in joining.

I’m looking forward to having a group to fleet up with for a change and doing some task forces, Β if I ever get promoted from Commander. My career has been stalled a bit and I’m not sure if it’s because of blowing off Admiral Grigori Yanishev when he requested I investigate a Romulan attack on a dig site or just coincidence.

Upate: Caylinn also has a writeup over at MMO Gamer Chick. Also, I wanted to mention that even though a lot of the current members are bloggers and Twitterers, that’s not a requirement.

14 Comments

1. AnjinNo Gravatar says:

Very cool. Congrats on the new fleet. Can’t wait to hear about some fleet manuevers. πŸ™‚

• BrianNo Gravatar says:

I’m hoping to join in some of the task forces (what Cryptic decided to start calling raidisodes) once I get up to Admiral rank. Given my pace in Champions though, it might take me a bit.

2. That’s a good point with the update re: not requiring to have a blog or twitter, I just made an addendum about that too.

3. LOL I just took a closer look at that screenshot. I love how I look like I’m cocking an invisible rifle, fits my character perfectly!

4. AspendawnNo Gravatar says:

Much luck with the fleet!

5. AmuntothNo Gravatar says:

Hey BlueKae,

Great post but I noticed a typo that you might want to fix. Maybe I just have a really dirty mind but when I read “not sure if it’s because of blowing of Admiral Grigori Yanishev” I didn’t immediately realize that the second of was off. Anyway I loved the post and I’ll see you in game.

• BrianNo Gravatar says:

Whoops, thanks for the catch Amuntoth, fixed. Yes, off was the intended word. If it had been the other thing, I would’ve hoped for a faster promotion. πŸ˜‰

6. BrianNo Gravatar says:

Was really great last night to login to STO and have a bunch of good people to chat with.

7. AmuntothNo Gravatar says:

Yeah it was fun. I haven’t seen that much chatter in the game since it launched, aside from gold spammers. I was nice.

8. BronteNo Gravatar says:

Almost tempted to pick up STO.

Almost πŸ™‚

• BrianNo Gravatar says:

Well if you’re curious, I would boil it down to this test. Are you a Star Trek fan? Are you okay with a combat only game? Are you not looking for a fully realized sandbox world like EVE?

I enjoy STO for it’s short episodic play-style, and for immersion into the Star Trek universe. But it is not yet a fully realized world. I think it will get there, based on Zinc’s published plans, and I’m enjoying myself in the meantime.

9. […] there was the Federation News Service. And now, I present to you – the Hyborian Courier […]