I am as excited today about Rift as I was disappointed on Saturday, and it has nothing to do with the mea culpa event gift that showed up in my in-game mailbox. Although some lucky people did better than a 20-slot bag like what I got (on all four of my characters).
- Wardrobe! Wardrobe! Wardobe! A cosmetic appearance system is coming, so I can actually use all of the equipment pieces I’ve been saving in my bank that I’ve out leveled but still look cool.
- New clothier NPCs have appeared in Meridian and Sanctum following the rise in numbers of fashionable Ascended.
- Slivers – a new type of rift content, I have no idea what it’ll be like but it’s new content which is always a good thing.
- Stillmoor has a new zone event.
- Crafting rifts – anything that helps in my search for Pristine Sap, so I can get that last skill I need for my Apothecarying (is that a word?).
- Improved raid display for callings/roles, this is sorely needed. I could never tell what the colors meant so having colors for callings plus icons for roles will be nice.
- Crafting recipe window has a search function. This is sorely needed and an odd omission considering that player inventory has a search function (which I always forget to use).
- Respawn rates for resources nodes have been tweaked (I hope that means quickened) for Shimmersand, Iron Pine Peak, and Stillmore (among others). In my experience, it’s really difficult to find Twillight Blooms which I’ve been focused on finding hoping to get a Pristine Sap.
- Auction UI now allows for more searching and sorting options.
Patch 1.2 has some new content and a lot of quality-of-life improvements, my only complaint right now is that it’s on PTS and not the live server.
Update: Just in case you don’t usually read Massively, be sure to go check out Justin’s interview with Scott Hartsman. Lots of good information about Trion’s plans and some of the new content like the Slivers.